Indoor track season is in full swing. It adds one more layer to the stress, constant schedule conflicts, and never-ending whirlwind of daily chaos in our household. Dinners have become a race against time before heading out the door for yet another activity. I've seriously thought about funding a drive through sandwich shop in the little shopping center close to the high school. Of course, that would only solve part of the craziness.
True to form, Cody always manages to add his part to the mix. Thanks to Cody, last night's dinner required a change of menu. As I left to taxi off to yet another activity back up at the high school, I warned Bill to keep an eye on Cody. I even told him, "I just took the roast out of the oven."
When I got back, he was washing the cutting board. I glanced around the kitchen looking for the roast.
"Where's the roast?"
"What roast?"
"Dinner"
"I don't know, where did you put the roast?"
It didn't take much deductive reasoning on my part to ascertain that the dog was guilty. So, I quickly asked him to put the cutting board in the dishwasher.
"He ate that whole roast?"
"Where else did it disappear to? I left it on the cutting board. Neither of you moved it. He's guilty."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have had my own version of this story, so I can totally relate. And, i'm dogsitting this week too and have had a couple of incidents already. But, you gotta love 'em!!
Post a Comment