Yeah, I know. It has been quite awhile since my last post here. Things have been a whirlwind here. To put it quite simply, life went a little crazy!! LOL
Things are still going at warp speed. I think I'm getting a better handle on how to juggle all of life's balls --lol--just don't ask how well I can juggle!! LOL
More details??!! Ok....
My Dad's surgery went well. He is recovering wonderfully. I am extremely thankful for everyone that kept him in their thoughts and prayers.
Did I tell you I made a surprise visit again after his surgery with the boys? I was barely home a week before hopping back on that westbound plane! The boys had a blast. I know it was a huge surprise to my Dad and that it meant a great deal to him.
Spring Soccer Started
Soccer season has started. This year, I am feeling my age. It took until Wednesday (after our game on Sunday) for my muscles to stop screaming in agony.
We have gained some new players. I am happy to report that our new recruits are really quite talented players. I'm excited about the upcoming season. Go Challengers!!
Batter Up
Baseball season has begun. Thankfully, practices and game will not be on the dreaded already jammed-packed Tuesdays--WAHOO!! Mondays and Wednesdays have the honors. Games begin next Monday. Go Red Sox!
New Beach Digs
I'm now a homeowner at the beach as well! Amazing!! Totally hard to believe! I am still pinching myself. Totally gorgeous brand new house! Complete with a neighborhood pool, tennis courts, walking paths, and pier right there for the days one doesn't want to head to the beach.
Yes, there are spare bedrooms. Cody loves investigating the area. Just 6 miles from the actual beach, so no worries about hurricanes and such.
Oh yeah, there is a scrapbook store in the area, too!
Speaking of the beach house, bet you can't guess what kind of shopping has overtaken my so-called 'free-time'??!!
Blinds, furniture, bedding, linens, and more!! Some furniture was delivered last Friday. There are beds in the bedrooms, now! It is comfortable to sit in the Great Room and watch movies or tv. The blinds hopefully will arrive next week and can be installed next weekend. Have to get it ready to entertain friends! LOL
I've driven up carloads of 'stuff' the past two weeks. I kind of felt like a college student again with my car completely jammed-packed except in my seat and Cody's. Cody seems to like his doggie-seatbelt. I feel like I've been going on mini vacations each weekend. So Refreshing!!
Kid Brag Moment!!
John won Honorable Mention in his project's category at the state science fair. He also won the Young Scientist Challenge Award. Pretty impressive.
Tom was nominated and selected to participate in a Junior Leadership program next spring. Great Job Boys!!
3 comments:
yay for your kids!! that's so awesome! I'm so glad you stopped by me blog-we have to chat soon-I miss ya!
I'm so glad we had a chance to chat. I didn't realize you had made a repeat trip to the west coast. I think that's great that the boys got to go. I can't wait to see pics of the new beach house. I also can't wait to come visit. Camp Hill can't come soon enough for me. :-)
Wow you have been busy,so glad is all so great! congratulations on the new house that's fantastic!!!
Post a Comment